Are you trying to cut back on the sweets? It can be hard to do, but there are always healthier alternatives to get your sweet tooth fix. I found a recipe for Carrot Cake Protein Bars from Jamie Eason, well-known fitness guru/bodybuilding.com spokesmodel. I’ve listed her recipe below, but if you would prefer to watch a video of her showing how to make them you can find it here.
Carrot Cake Protein Bars
Fats: 1.25 grams
Carbs: 10 grams
Protein: 10 grams
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
- 8 oz baby food carrots
- 4 oz water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix egg whites, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, baby food carrots and water (optional) in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving. Enjoy! :)