I don’t know bout you guys, but I can eat chili year-round! There are so many different ways to mix it up and keep it different! You can always change the spices you put in or the type of meat you put in to really give it a different flavor. Below is a simple recipe for what they call Taco Chili. It’s not much different from a normal chili except for it has a packet of taco seasoning in it.
- one onion, chopped
- one can black beans (low sodium)
- one can kidney beans (low sodium)
- 8-16 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 package of frozen corn
- two cans of diced tomatoes w/ chillies
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1.5-2 lbs of lean meat (chicken, ground beef, steak, pork, bison) – I’m making this with bison next week and am very much looking forward to it!
- 1 tsp cornstarch (OPTIONAL) – if you like thick chili I’ve heard this is the secret ingredient to make it nice and thick
- chilies in adobe sauce – cut up chilies and add a bit of the adobe sauce (OPTIONAL) – this will add some flavor and spice to your mix.. so if you don’t like spicy I don’t recommend this.
Pretty simple. Get out the crockpot. Dump everything in and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. If using chicken before eating shred the chicken with a fork. Enjoy everyone! :)