Last night I tried another new recipe that I had found on pinterest. And it was super yummy! The actual recipe came from Kraft Recipes if you want to check out the original. This takes about 40 minutes to make so it’s not super fast but it is a very easy recipe that anyone can do. Below is my rendition of it.
- 2-3 chicken breasts (depending on size)
- Half a packet of taco seasoning, but think that using the full packet could have given it a little more flavor
- 2 TBSP of lite Italian Dressing
- 1 can of black beans, no salt added, rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mexican cheese
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- greek yogurt or fat free sour cream (optional as a topping)
- cilantro (optional as a topping)
Directions: First things first preheat your oven to 375 F. Then chop up your chicken into small bite-size pieces. Next get a gallon ziplock bag and shake with taco seasoning. Then put into frying pan with Italian dressing and stir til chicken is lightly browned. Throw chicken mix into 9×9 casserole dish. Top with the beans, corn, salsa, and onions. Bake for 20 minutes. While casserole is baking cook your rice. Then top casserole with cheese and place back into oven til cheese is melted. Serve over your rice and wahla! A delicious dinner.
See that was simple and easy and good. Enjoy! :)