Costa Rica: Day 1

Costa Rica: Day 1

The day started with our first flight out of Denver at 12:46 a.m.  Of course it got delayed and we boarded a little after 1 a.m.  From there we flew to Ft. Lauderdale, FL.  Which landed there at 6:30 a.m.  Then we had a lovely 3 hour layover til our next flight.  Landed in Costa Rica around 1:30 p.m. Where we already had arranged transportation from the airport to our hotel that was in Manuel Antonio.

The drive from the airport to the hotel was quite interesting.  Everyone there drives way over the speed limit and there are really no lanes that people abide by.  And passing, well you make it happen even if it means going off the road!  But our driver never scared me.  I have been to the Dominican Republic before and seen very crazy driving there as well.  On the way our driver said that there was a bridge that crossed a river on the way that had the most crocodiles per capita for any river.  He said he could stop and we could walk across it, so of course we told him to stop! It was crazy how many crocs there were!  They lined the banks and you could even see some swimming in the river.  After walking across the bridge we continued on our journey.

Costa Rica is full of beautiful mountains and rain forest as far as the eye can see.  We arrived at the hotel around 4 p.m.  and man had it been a long day!  We got settled into our room and immediately went out to the deck to see the amazing view we had of the ocean!

Both stomachs growling after the long day of traveling we went out for an early dinner.  It started to down pour as we were walking and decided to go to the nearest restaurant to our room, which happened to be La Cantina.  We started with grilled calamari as an appetizer, which was delicious!  And the tropical drinks we had were also to die for!  I had a pineapple daquiri! Then Luke got mahi mahi for his main dish and I got shrimp and rice for my meal.  After devouring our meals we decided to indulge in chocolate cake with ice cream.  We were absolutely stuffed and headed back to the room where we almost immediately crashed!  Definitely needed the sleep after the long day of traveling!

Stay tuned for Day 2!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s