So I’ve made a jambalaya a few times before, but I keep trying to find better ways to make it. So I looked up a few different recipes and concocted my own version from them. I must say out of the few times I have made it, this one has been my favorite! So hope you all give it a try!
- A bowl full of unthawed shrimp
- 2 andouille sausages – cut up
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- black pepper
Directions: Cook the quinoa as directed on package. Then in a big saucer put a little olive oil and heat to medium. Add in the minced garlic, sausage, onion, red pepper, and mushrooms. Let it saute for about 5-10 minutes then add in quinoa and remaining ingredients. Stir and simmer for another 10 minutes and wahla… DONE! Quick, easy, and pretty healthy! Enjoy y’all!