“Live life with a little spice”
Time just keeps flying by, but try to stop for a minute and appreciate the moments. Last night, I got in a car accident due to bad weather. It wasn’t the worst accident ever. No one was hurt and the car wasn’t totaled, but I still am upset and angry. And I try to keep reminding myself it could have been worse. I should be thankful it wasn’t worse. So even in frustrating times try to remember it could always be worse and you’ll get through it.
Anyway… I have been doing a challenge where I’ve been really watching everything I eat. Cut out dairy, grains, legumes, and alcohol. It’s been going well and I found this delicious recipe for buffalo chicken nuggets and was very happy with how they turned out. The original recipe along with some paleo friendly dipping sauce recipes can be found here at Paleo Spirit. I can’t handles a lot of spice, but these had just the right amount! Hope you enjoy!
Nugget Ingredients: “The Goods”:
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour or almond flour (I actually mixed the two)
- 2 tsp Franks’s RedHot Original Sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour or almond flour (again mixed the two)
- 2 TBSP ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup of Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce
- 3 TBSP butter
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a small bowl mix all of “The Goods” dry ingredients (salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and almond/coconut flour)
- Mix the rest of “The Goods” (chicken, egg, and Franks) and then combine the dry ingredients and mix with your hands.
- Roll “The Goods” into balls – will make about 20, then mix the coating and dip each ball into coating
- Place nuggets on a baking sheet with parchment paper and flatten the balls out so they look like real chicken nuggets
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Stir up the nugget sauce while the nuggets bake. Then take the nuggets out and dip them in the sauce and place back on the baking sheet.
- Put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. And if you’re like me broil both sides for a minute or so to make the outside crispy!
- Take them out and enjoy with some veggies and dip! :D