Now I don’t know about all of you, but I purposely do not bake in my house because if I do, that shit is gone in less than 24 hours. Right now we have some boxes of girl scout cookies and every time I open a box I tell myself you can only have 2 or 3 cookies and then somehow half the box disappears before I realize it. Does anyone else struggle with self control like me? Well, if you do, STOP READING NOW! Below is hands down THEE BEST RICE KRISPY TREAT RECIPE! I’ve made these bad boys a few times and every time I do, the pan is gone within a couple hours. I swear it’s not just me eating them either. ;) My sister-in-law gave me the idea and after a few tries I finally got it perfected to how I like them.
Sprinkles Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats – Extra Gooey
Prep Time: Buying the ingredients
Cook Time: No real cooking or baking but about 15 minutes til they are finished
Servings: one 9×13 pan
- 6 cups of rice krispies
- 4 TBSP of butter (I use salted)
- 2 – 16 oz mini marshmallows (you won’t use quite all of them)
- Funfetti cake mix – approximately one cup
- Sprinkles – optional
- Shortening – use to coat your 9×13 pan
- Coat your pan with the shortening.
- In a big stove top pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Then mix 1 of the 16 oz. bags of marshmallows into the pot until it’s melted
- Once all melted and mixed, add about 1 cup of the funfetti cake in and stir in.
- Add your 6 cups of rice krispies and start folding it all together.
- As you’re stirring slowly add in the second bag of 16 oz. mini marshmallows, I normally only add about 1/4th to half the bag.
- Stir it all up and then dump into the pan.
- Next flatten the treats out. I find the best way to do this is to run your hands under very cold water, then your fingers don’t stick to the rice krispy treats as you press them firmly into the pan.
- Lastly, add sprinkles on top if you like and NOM NOM NOM!