Time has been flying by and every year I say I’m going to blog more and it goes down hill quickly there after. I’ve been busy with work and coaching CrossFit and wedding season is approaching so lots of things to come shortly as well. But still that’s no excuse. I’ve been trying to be better about cooking at home and so far it’s definitely helped in the weight loss department and just feeling better in general. Anyway… below is a recipe for a dish I made a long time ago, but have revamped/simplified it from the last time. Definitely give this one a try!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- 2 ounces of spinach, finely chopped
- 6 TBSP ricotta cheese (skim)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-2 TBSP Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle (from Penzeys)
- 1 egg
- A splash of water
- 1 cup of marinara (whatever kind you like)
- Dash of basil
- Dash of oregano
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a small bowl mix together almond flour and Penzey’s Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle.
- In another small bowl mix ricotta cheese, finely chopped spinach, dash of basil and oregano, and half of the parmesan cheese.
- In a 3rd bowl, crack an egg and add a splash of water. Then stir with a fork til yolk is broken up.
- Take the two chicken breasts and slice them in half the long way, so they are thin. Then use a wooden spoon to mash them even thinner so they are about the same thickness.
- Take 1/4 of the ricotta/spinach mix and spread it all over one side of the chicken and repeat with the other 3 pieces.
- Roll each piece of chicken up, dip it in the egg bowl, and then roll it in the almond flour.
- Lay in a greased pan or glass dish with the seam face down.
- Bake at 450 for 25 minutes
- Then top with marinara and more cheese if you like. Enjoy! :D