I try not to bake to avoid eating an entire pan of desserts, but sometimes it happens. :) I was looking for a good monster cookie recipe and gave the one from Recipe Girl a try and boy did it not disappoint! I made a few modifications but nothing too crazy. Find the original recipe here. These were so good that they were gone in less than a week!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 20-25 cookies
- 1.5 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 stick of butter (I used salted)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 TPSP of vanilla extract
- 4.5 cups of quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate mini M&Ms (most times I will mix these two)
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- Peanut butter M&Ms (I normally press these onto the top to make the cookies pretty)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, sugars and butter. It says to use an electric mixer, but I mixed by hand and it turned out fine.
- Then add eggs and vanilla, stir well.
- Mix in the oats and baking soda.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips
- Roll balls of dough (about 1-1.5 inches thick) and place on cookie sheet.
- I like to press in PB M&Ms on the top before I bake them to make them prettier.
- Bake 10-12 minutes and then let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet when done.
- Lastly, move cookies to wire rakes til fully cooled before putting in a tupperware or another container.
- ENJOY! :D