I’ve always loved the BBQ chicken salad at Panera and then I decided… why the heck can’t I make that at home? It wouldn’t be that complicated. So below is my remake of the Panera BBQ Chicken Salad. I think it was pretty spot on to the one you can get at Panera!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Serving: 2-4 people
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper – chopped
- 1 bag of frozen sweet corn
- crispy onions – salad topping (optional)
- tricolor tortilla strips (optional)
- bbq sauce
- ranch dressing
- chipotle seasoning
- olive oil spray
- roasted garlic powder
- aluminum foil
- First, marinade the chicken in bbq sauce – definitely helps with keeping the chicken moist – I prefer to do this overnight.
- Preheat your grill.
- Chop up your red pepper, put it onto some tin foil, spray with olive oil spray and then sprinkle with chipotle and roasted garlic seasoning. Fold the tin foil up so that it makes a packet.
- Take the corn and dump it onto tin foil and do the same with the corn as you did with the red pepper.
- Then take the chicken, corn packet, and red pepper packet and place it on the grill. Set the timer for 8 minutes. I also like to drizzle a little extra bbq sauce on the chicken while it cooks.
- While those are cooking chop or tear up your romaine and get the rest of your toppings out/ready.
- After 8 minutes flip your chicken and packets. Let cook on the grill another 8 minutes.
- Take it all off the grill, cut the chicken into smaller pieces and mix chicken, corn, red pepper into the romaine. Then drizzle ranch and bbq sauce on top, add your tortilla strips and crispy onions if you want and put it in a bowl to serve. :)