I don’t want to look back and think “I could’ve eaten that.”
Life would not be good without some french fries in them! Keep it healthier by making them at home. This recipe is so simple and so stinking good. I never use to be a big potato person, but I started making them like this and now I’ll never go back.
Sweet Potato Fries or Chips
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3 sweet potatoes – cut into 1/4-1/2 inch sticks or sliced thin to make chips
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- 1 TBSP roasted garlic (can be found at Penzeys here – best stuff ever!
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 405
- Cut your sweet potatoes how you would like, whether it’s small thin long sticks to make fries or taking small slices the wide way to make chips or what would look similar to a pickle slice.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and add the olive oil and toss.
- In a separate bowl mix together the spices, then add to the bowl of potatoes and continue to toss.
- Lay out on a baking sheet that has a rim and put into the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes then I would take it out and flip them.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- If you like yours crispy and who doesn’t? I would broil them for a few minutes at the end. Then I like to dip these bad boys in some Just Chipotle Mayo! mmm mmm good!
*Note: I’ve heard that if you use parchment paper on your pan that it helps with making the fries crispier as well, I have not tried this, but I am going to next time.