“My disney princess name is Taco Belle.”
On week four of our nutrition challenge. It’s not the worst, but some days you just really want some grease. Since we can’t have grains, but I wanted tacos still I made these awesome gluten-free tortillas from Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook! If you can’t have gluten or dairy in your diet this cookbook is perfect for you! It’s so funny how having a tortilla makes it feel like you’re cheating even if you’re using ingredients that are all okay to use. Hope you guys try these out!
Serving: 6-8ish tortillas (depends on the size – I like to make mine about 6 inches)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 TBSP melted ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (I used the roasted from Penzey’s)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl mix together eggs, coconut milk, and melted butter.
- Add in the flours, salt and garlic powder – then whisk til smooth.
- In a pan on the stovetop, add a little butter or oil and turn to medium heat.
- Pour batter into pan and cook a couple minutes on each side – it will kind of bubble up a bit.
- Then bake the tortillas in the oven for about 7 minutes, this helps to crisp them up a bit. And that’s it, they’re ready for the meats.
This time around a just did ground beef with Penzey’s Bold Taco seasoning and then topped my taco with pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, squeezed lime, and greek yogurt. So good!