“The only BS I need in my life is breakfast and sex.”
If you’re from the midwest at all you know that us midwesterners love our casseroles!!! Honestly, I’m not a huge casserole person, but when I needed a new recipe for some out of towners crashing at our pad I knew to call my sister-in-law Mandy! She always has delicious breakfast recipes to feed a big crew and was gracious enough to share this awesome recipe with me. Plus, I wanted to just be able to prep something ahead of time and just toss it in the oven in the morning so there was no fuss and no mess. Definitely try this one out sometime. Warning: it does make a lot of food though so if you’re just feeding two you’re going to be eating this ALL week.
Serving: 12+ at least
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour +
- 1 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 lbs. of breakfast sausage
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 8 oz. of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 bag of frozen hash browns
- 18 eggs
- dash of milk
- dash of salt & pepper
- Line a 9×13 pan with your crescent rolls. Make sure your 9×13 pan is pretty deep.
- Brown the sausage in a pan over the stove top, drain the extra grease once cooked and add the cream cheese to the pan. Mix til melted.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cheddar cheese, hash browns, and meat/cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over the crescent rolls in 9×13 pan.
- Then in same large bowl whisk eggs and some milk together. I added a pinch of salt and pepper to this as well.
- Pour over the mix in the 9×13 pan and then refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 for at last an hour or til eggs are cooked through. Use a knife in the middle to tell if eggs are done. It took mine 1 hour and 15 minutes.